This remote control is already preprogrammed to control your Set Top Box (STB). The instructions below will program this remote to control your TV.
- Manually turn ON the TV that you want to setup on the remote.
- Press and hold "SETUP" until the TV key blinks twice.
- Press and release the TV key. The TV key will stay lit.
- Find your TV and brand from the chart below and note the DIGIT key assigned to your brand. Press and hold down the DIGIT key for your device/brand while pointing the remote to the device.
DIGIT BRAND 1 Insignia 2 LG 3 Panasonic 4 Philips/Magnavox 5 Samsung 6 Sanyo 7 Sharp 8 Sony 9 Vizio 0 Westinghouse
DIGIT BRAND 1 Insignia 2 LG 3 Panasonic 4 Philips/Magnavox 5 RCA 6 Samsung 7 Sharp 8 Sony 9 Toshiba 0 Vizio
DIGIT BRAND 1 Bose 2 Denon 3 LG 4 Onkyo 5 Panasonic 6 Philips 7 Pioneer 8 Samsung 9 Sony 0 Yamaha
- Let go of the key when your device turns OFF. Setup for that device is complete.
Unlocking the Default Setting to Make AUD, DVD, and VCR Buttons Programmable
The AUD, DVD and VCR mode keys have a default setting which means they are automatically set to the STB. If you would like to program these mode keys to your devices, please follow the instructions below to lock the default setting.
- Press and hold "SETUP" until the mode key blinks twice.
- Type 992
- Then press the mode key you desire to program twice – AUD, DVD, or VCR
- This will remove the STB mode and a new Audio, DVD or VCR code can now be programmed.
- Follow steps 1 through 5 on the first page of this brochure replacing the word “TV” with the name of the mode key you just unlocked.
If your brand is not listed at all, you can search for your code.
- Turn on your TV
- On the remote control, press TV once; it will blink once. Then press and hold SETUP until the TV key blinks twice. Type 991. The TV will blink twice.
- Aim the remote control at the TV and press POWER once.
- Press and release the CH+ key slowly press and release, then stop when the TV turns off.
- Press POWER. The TV should turn on. Press SETUP once to lock in the code. The LED will blink twice to indicate that the code is saved.
NOTE: If the TV does not turn on during step 5, then slowly press and release CH- to go back through the codes, then press SETUP when the TV turns on.